Based in Chattanooga, TN
30 March, 2018
Super Bugman Extreme Ultra is a unique 2D Platformer with state-of-the art 1990's graphics, lending an "old-school" gaming experience to a new generation of gamers. Jump, pickup and place blocks, throw onions, and use special abilities on enemeies. Many play-modes including the ability to play other people's levels on the Steam Workshop! It's a great waste of your time!
Way back in October of 1998, a young programmer created the very first "Bugman" game in QBasic. Given QBasic's limitations, the game could only do stutter-scrolling (half-block), and was just a simple platformer where the intrepid "Bugman" could jump on blocks, stomp enemies, and collect "!" marks for points. Fast forward to March of 2010, and the very same programmer decided to dip his toes in C++. After experimenting with SDL 1.2, he had pieced together a smooth-scrolling prototype for a 2D platforming game. Taking many assets from the original "Bugman" game, the game prototype became a rework of the initial concept and became "Super Bugman Extreme Ultra". Due to limited free-time for development (because of a fulltime job and family!), after 8 years of development the game is finally ready for release!
- Story Mode: Players can tackle hand-made levels and unlock new characters
- Chaos Mode: Procedurally generated "roguelike" levels that increase in difficulty with every victory
- Creative Mode: A stress-free mode where players can experiment with crafting and building
- Full-featured level editor
- Includes tool to upload created levels and assets to the Steam Workshop
- Load and Play levels from the Steam Workshop
Release Trailer (March 22nd) YouTube
Steam Early Access & Launch Date Trailer (Jan 2nd) YouTube
Early Access Trailer (Nov 20th) YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Super Bugman Extreme Ultra. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "This is a fun and creative old-school game!"
- Melanie Marquez, Senior Publicist at M4 Public Relations
GG Man, good game. Honestly, all the way through to the end, I have to win this. Once you start in the game and get grips with the mechanics...when you get used to that, the game is really enjoyable.
- Jake Hollis - "OnlyHollis", Professional Twitch Video Game Streamer
- "Super Bugman Extreme Ultra is the best and most innovative 2d platformer ever made"
- "MrWawas", Beta Tester
I really like the level maker, it's all I want to do!
- Eric Casequin - "ZeroPX", Akouo Studios
- Nathan McCurley , Claims he has played a video game or two in his time
Request Press Copy
All key requests are handled through Keymailer.co - please request directly using this link: https://www.keymailer.co/g/games/52504
Steam Community Hub
All community posts steamcommunity.com.
All workshop and modification items steamcommunity.com.
Game Wiki giantbomb.com.
Game Wiki orcz.com.
Streamers currently streaming and playing the game twitch.tv.
Game Achievement List and Description exophase.com.
Game Wiki igdb.com.
Critic and User Reviews metacritic.com.
SyKoHPaTh is an independent (indie) game developer. He spends all of his free-time hobby-programming games, which is about 4 hours per week...life is busy!
More information on SyKoHPaTh, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Super Bugman Extreme Ultra Credits
Alex Beck - "SyKoHPaTh"
Programmer, Graphics, Music
Business Solutions and Management